Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Self

Flirting.

I have been told that latinos are more likely to be very forward with their flirting than most. There are no studies on this, no statistics or proof. There is only information.

Sipping on my Starbucks iced coffee I peacefully read my book in the brisk, beautiful sunny and bright day. My thoughts, blocked by the writers imagination on paper drew me into the characters and their lives. Ignoring all human senses other than that of thirst I drifted into a land of make believe.

Upon the climax of my story was the urgency to utilize the facilities. =)
Placing the book down, I made my way to the bathroom when I ran into two young, attractive girls I had never met.
"Should I mix banana smoothie with my chocolate smoothie? Or do you think that would taste bad?" The slightly more attractive one said to the other.

My first intial thought, nay, my first impulse was to explain to her the difference in taste between the two and start up a conversation that would lead me to explaining to her my history with Starbucks. Perhaps this would spark her interest.
I quickly regained consciouseness and continued on my previously unhindered path to the bathroom.

Why was it, that my first thought or REACTion was to flirt, woo, and or create a "connection bridge" which had no other purpose other than to get her affections for later purposes?
Was it my charismatic personality? Was it "Sin"? Was it lust?
Has my mind become so used to the idea of having someone care for me, that I go beyond my previous purpose (almost unconsciously), out of my way, in an attempt to get in her pants?

My mother once told me that she believed that one really starts having a handle on another language when they start dreaming in it.
A statistic showed that to make something a habit (doing something without thinking), you must consciously preform it over 35 times.

Have I degraded to the very disgusting male malicious behavior I abhorred? The Status Quo Men have in our days is one easily met, because it completely focuses on his own needs and desires. He has become society's detritus in his attempt to "hit it and quit it".

Focusing on the negative will not help me or anyone else. My habits are vicious right now, but that doesn't mean I have to continue living like that, though long learned habits aren't easily broken.

Creating new habits that will lead me away from the status quo is not easy, especially for one with a sexual past as colorful as my own. Treating woman how man was created to treat her, respectfully, honest and with a heart to watch out for HER safety are the habits that I want to posess when encountering situations that will present themselves in the future to come.
Or maybe I shouldn't be so A.D.D. and just use the bathroom when my body tells me too. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment