Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Best Times


Mmm. Coffee. Blanket. Bible.

Everyone is sleeping.

It's perfect.

There are so many different people out in the world. Big, small, colored, white, funny, shy, loud, rude and sometimes you come across someone who is just a joy to be around at any given time.
No matter how many different people there are, I will never understand why the majority of them abhor mornings.
Mornings give us the option to start right, start whenever, or not start at all. If you don't like morning coffee, make some kool-aid. If you'd rather pray than read scripture, do that, but whatever you do make sure that it helps you get going. Unfortunately every step we take in life has consequences further down the road and at times they may come faster than you think. Whatever it takes to start your morning right, DO IT. If you can't be joyful in the beauty that is a new day, you're hopes of being happy the rest of the day lessen greatly.

It's not a certain thing that you will have an awful day if you have eggs instead of pancakes in the morning (or visa versa), but there is a "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" mentality that you keep throughout your day. People suck, they don't need help. Get up, freshen up, enjoy your moments of solitude because they are fleeting. Start right, or stay in bed.

So yesterday I came back to Paris on a surprise visit. The faces of friends filled me with fullness, especially since they were all *very* surprised faces.

We got our sonic happy hour on and visited the franklands, how I love that family. I think I could sit and talk to all of them for days and days and not grow tired.

I'm almost done with photos I needed to edit two months ago, it's nice to be so close to being done with something that you've been irresponsible about.

So satan's really been trying to fill my mind with Leta. I don't really think about her anymore, but since this dumb girl at a party randomly came up to me and said "didn't you and leta used to be like, an item?", it's been harder and harder to push those thoughts outta my mind. God is bigger than them. I do know that. Calling His name makes those thoughts retreat. So that's good. God - 1,000,000,000, Satan - 0.

quiero mas cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment