Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Shopping Spree

Mood: Tired as hell. Food: full. Crude: Ear Cheese

Vampire penguins, zombiefied guinea pigs? We're done for...


So, it's still raining. I got lost in my city. I hate down town. I hate mapquest more. I honestly think mapquest was created by college students who wanted to screw with people by randomly selecting one in every fifty users and sending them in the COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

By the time I made it to our lady of the lake university I already had to find parking (without paying) and grab the kids to run across town yet again to get them some food where mom could pick em up. Love the kids, but why does everything they do have to be so bloody far away?

Ok, Breakdown of men shopping vs women shopping.

Men - Figure out what they need
Women - Figure out what's NOT in their closet and go out looking for it.

Men - Go to where they need to go and purchase item.
Women - Find item, but continue looking just in case there is something else that they don't want at the moment that might reveal itself and pique their interest.

Men - Already home.
Women - Now have a shopping kart full of crap they don't need, require or even wanted upon discovering they were "missing something in life".

Men - Have money to hit up the bars later.
Women - Have daddies money to hit up the bars later.

So I wanted to hang out with my friend...well I'm not going to say her name, so we will call her blondie. Blondie and I hung out and went for coffee today, after we were done with coffee I told her I needed to buy a black button down shirt for a wedding I'm ushering in. She said she'd acompany me.
I plan out four places that might have the item I wish to procure and start with the mens warehouse. We walk in, the lady takes my measurements, hands me a shirt, I try it on and buy it. Simple enough. Done. It didn't take but five minutes of our time so I asked blondie if she needed anything and I'd take her to get it. She said she still had a barnes and nobles gift card and wanted to use it. I love book shopping. So off we went.
She tells me she wants this C.S. Lewis book so we go to the fiction section and she looks at the book. Somehow still undecided she wanders off to the "Classic" section and looks at books from Dickens to Thoreau. An HOUR AND A HALF and fifty other writers later she finally decides on the bloody book she looked at before. W. T. F. Oh and she purchases a magazine. Slowly I come back from my lethargic hibernation I placed myself in from what seems like months ago and gather up enough energy to drive her home.

Can someone tell me why girls do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment